Home Remedies for Smelly Scalp
There are many causes of smelly scalp problem. Many people think that, this problem is mainly caused due to not maintaining proper hygiene, improper hair care or scalp care. But this fact is not so true, as many people get this problem even when they wash or shampoo their hair on a regular basis. Smelly scalp is an indication of microorganism’s overgrowth on the scalp due to over active oil producing glands or sebaceous glands. Oily scalp creates a perfect environment for the growth of bacteria and other microorganisms. Here are some home remedies for smelly scalp.
Smelly Scalp Home Remedies
You can use various home remedies to get rid of scalp odor. Here are some commonly used remedies for you.
- Application of dilute apple cider vinegar on a regular basis is very beneficial for the treatment of scalp odor. It is loaded with deodorizing, anti bacterial and anti fungal properties. It helps to restore the normal pH of the scalp.
- Apply juice of onion to your scalp and leave it on for about 15 to 20 minutes. Rinse off with lukewarm water.
- Make a mixture by mixing lemon juice and yogurt together. Apply this mixture on your scalp and wait for about 20 to 30 minutes, before shampooing.
- You can also use essential oils to get rid of smelly scalp problem. Some good examples include lavender oil, rosemary and olive oil. Use any oil before you shampoo your hair.
- One can also go for tea tree oil and neem oil to speed up the scalp odor treatment process. Another remedy for your problem is to use Jojoba oil on your scalp, one hour, before shampooing.
- Make a paste of some garlic cloves. Apply it on the scalp.
Apart from these remedies, you can also use a good medicated shampoo. Try to go for sulfur and salicylic acid based shampoo.
Note: - Consult with your dermatologist to get an appropriate treatment.