Treatment for Scalp Sores
Scalp sores is a common skin related problem. These bumps on the scalp are well known for causing discomfort, itching and pain. Sores on the scalp may also cause hair loss in some cases. Many treatments are available to get rid of this problem but before learning about the treatment for scalp sores, first read some common causes of scalp sores.
Scalp Sores Causes
Scalp sores can have myriad of causes such as:
- Scalp infection
- Use of harsh chemicals - It is one of the most common causes of scalp sores. Usually, shampoos and other hair care products are loaded with harsh chemicals like sodium laureth sulphate (SLS). These types of products strip away the natural oils from the scalp.
- Fungal Infection- fungal infection like ringworm is also responsible for causing scalp sores and hair loss.
- Bacterial Infection.
- Pemphigus – A disease of the immune system.
- Lack of proper nutrition.
- Hormonal imbalance.
- Skin allergies like dermatitis.
- Viral infection like shingles and chicken pox.
- Mental stress.
Scalp Sores Treatment
As you can see that the scalp sores can be related to a serious health problem therefore, it is always better to consult a doctor and start the treatment as early as possible. The treatment for head sores includes use of oral medicines, injections and topical creams. These types of treatments start only after the careful examination of the sores.
For fungal infection - anti-fungal shampoo is prescribed.
For bacterial infection - antibiotics are given to kill the bacteria.
Phototherapy is also used in the treatment of scalp sores, where the affected area is exposed to a particular light so that the cell turnover can get slowed down.
Always try your best to prevent the problem. This can be done by making a healthy diet menu, a regular exercise routine and keeping your mind free from stress.