Scalp moisturizing tips
Dry scalp and dandruff, both conditions are discomforting and embarrassing. In order to prevent and treat your dandruff and dry scalp related problems you need to moisturize your scalp. Here are some scalp moisturizing tips:
How to moisturize scalp
- Jojoba oil is fully loaded with scalp moisturizing properties. It is a good source of hair and skin essential vitamin i.e. vitamin E. Use it with your conditioner.
- Apply shea butter on your scalp after taking a shower. Try to apply it when your hair is completely dry, after applying, rub your hands until everything is fully melted and massage your scalp gently.
- Make a deep scalp moisturizer by mixing ½ mashed avocado with ¼ cup of mayonnaise. Apply this mixture directly to your scalp and hair. Leave it on the scalp for at least 20 minutes.
- Choose an essential oil like flaxseed, primrose or salmon and mix with olive oil and egg. This mixture can be used daily to lubricate and condition dry scalp.
- Coconut oil is another well known scalp moisturizer. Rub the coconut oil into your scalp, and allow it to sit for up to 30 minutes. Then wash your hair.
- Make a mixture by mixing equal parts of peanut oil + lemon juice. Apply this mixture on your hair and scalp. Allow it to sit for several minutes, and then wash your hair as you usually.