Itchy flaky scalp causes and treatment
There are many cause and treatments for Itchy flaky scalp. Itchy flaky scalp problem is well known for its irritation and embarrassment. In order to treat your problem effectively, try to know the main causes of this condition
Causes of Itchy Flaky Scalp
It is one of the most common causes of itchy flaky scalp. There are many causes of dandruff such as a fungus known as pityrosporum ovale, unclean scalp, diet, heredity etc.
Seborrheic Dermatitis is also responsible for itchy flaky scalp. Some main causes for this condition climatic changes, stress, a yeast known as malassezia and diseases like HIV/ AIDS.
It is an inflammatory skin condition which is caused by the over production of oil and a yeast called malassezia.
Under this condition a thick layer of flakes is formed on the scalp.
Itchy flaky scalp is also caused by an allergic reaction due to the use of chemical based hair care or hair styling products.
Itchy flaky scalp treatment
Itchy flaky scalp due to an allergic reaction
- If you are suffering from an allergic reaction then try to stay away from chemical based products and use milder or herbal products.
Itchy flaky scalp due to psoriases
- This type of condition is treated by the application of topical corticosteroid lotions, gels and solutions.
Home based itchy flaky scalp treatment
If you want you can also use home based products such as:
Apple Cider Vinegar
- First of all, clean your scalp and hair using a mild shampoo.
- Now, Make a mixture by mixing 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar + 1 tablespoon of lukewarm water. For better results, add a few drops of natural oils such as lavender or rosemary oil.
- Apply the resultant mixture on the hair and the scalp,
- Gently massage your scalp for about 10 minutes.
- Leave on for some time till it is dry.
- Wash off.
- Use this remedy twice every week.
- It is a good remedy for the treatment of itchy flaky scalp.
- Soak 2 tablespoons of fenugreek seeds in water for overnight.
- In the morning, grind then to make a paste.
- Now, add 2 teaspoons of lemon juice.
- Apply this paste on you hair and scalp.
- Leave on about an hour.
- Wash off.
- Use this remedy regularly to get rid of dandruff and itchy flaky scalp condition.