Dry scalp treatment
There are many people around the world those who are suffering from dry hair, dry scalp, or from both. There are many causes and solutions for dry scalp problem. For treating your problem you need to follow some steps in order to maintain a healthy scalp. It is also important to know - what's happening to the natural oils.
Dry scalp treatment
- Both over washing and over brushing are responsible for dryness and irritation. Therefore, try not to wash your hair on every day basis. While washing your hair, try to avoid vigorous scrubbing and scratching.
- Try to go for a brush with natural fiber bristles, or if you want you can also use your fingers to comb your hair. Avoid over brushing in order to save your scalp from dryness and irritation.
- While choosing hair care products like shampoo and conditioner, try to go for products that are specifically meant for dry hair and scalp. Look for ingredients like zinc pyrithione, selenium sulfide, or coal-tar.
- Stay away from chemical based products such as hair sprays, hair gels, mousse, styling products etc. If you want you can use natural products,
- Use good quality moisturizing products and leave-in conditioners in order to get relief from dry scalp problem.
- Avoid heat treatments on your head. Stay away from heat appliances such as blow dryer, curling and flat irons, and of coarse, hot water.
- There are many climatic factors that can dry out your hair and scalp such as heat and cold, dry air, and strong winds. Therefore, try to keep your head covered in extreme weather conditions. Always wear a hat or hood to keep out cold and wind and use a sunscreen on sunny days.
- Give your scalp a good massage using olive oil, jojoba oil or tea tree oil. These oils are loaded with natural moisturizing properties.
- Make a remedy for dry scalp treatment by mixing ! cup plain yogurt and 1 egg. Apply this mixture on your scalp, leave on for about 15 to 20 minutes and rinse with warm water. Use this remedy at least 3 times a week.
- You can also give your scalp a hot oil treatment and in order to do take ½ cup of olive or almond oil in a glass. Keep this glass in a hot water for about 5 minutes. Apply this oil to your scalp with gentle massaging motion. Leave it on for overnight. In the next morning use a gentle baby shampoo and warm water to wash your hair.