How to control a dry scalp
There are many causes of dry scalp such as use of excessive hair care products, improper diet and it is quite bothersome, during the months of winter or extreme climate changes. Uncontrolled dry scalp may cause to infection due to excessive scratching. In order to control your dry scalp problem, try to make a balanced hair care routine and follow some hair care remedies in order control, treat and lower the occurrence and severity of the symptoms.
How to control a dry scalp and itchiness:
- Treat your scalp with deep conditioning and moisturizing treatments.
- Use a good quality, mild or extra moisturizing shampoo while washing your hair.
- Massage your scalp on regular intervals in order to stimulate blood flow and oxygen to the area.
- Use alcohol free hair care products.
- Always try to use warm water when showering or bathing because hot water is also responsible for dryness.
- Use natural, essential oils to help soothe the scalp. Mix 10 drops of one of these oils in to your regular use shampoo.
Tea tree oil – it is loaded with anti-inflammatory, anti-fungal, antibacterial, and germicide that stimulates scalp.
Rosemary – It helps relieve the pain, caused by itchiness and dryness.
Jojoba – It is an effective natural moisturizer that helps rebalance the sebum on the scalp.
Lavender and rose helps with itchiness.
Lemon – Good for controlling dryness and helps activate the sebum producing glands.
- In order to relieve the symptoms, rinse your hair with chamomile tea.
Oatmeal recipe for dry scalp:
- Soak 1/4 cup oatmeal in 1 cup of water for about 20 minutes.
- Strain the liquid.
- Add 5 drops of lavender + rosemary to the strained water.
- Apply this resultant mixture to your scalp.
- Leave it on for 10 minutes.